The London Regiment (Territorial Army) was re-
Then came "the lean years" for the Territorial Army. Training was conducted under difficulties on a purse-
In 1937, a general reorganization of the Territorial Army was instituted, the London Regiment was abolished, and Princess Louise's became part of the Middlesex Regiment. Thus the wheel had turned full cycle.
The next year the Regiment moved from Adam and Eve Mews to new and imposing headquarters at 190 Hammersmith Road . Whilst now outside the Royal Borough, permission was granted to retain the name, badges and connections. It now became a machine-
The names of 115 Kensingtons who died during this war are recorded on a second tablet added later to the First War Memorial mentioned above. Later research in conjunction with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission has increased the number of casualties to 127. Memorial Books recording each man's grave are held by the Association at the Coulsdon TA Drill Hall.
|1859 - 1908|
|1920 - 1939|
|1947 -19 67|